The Association Regional Advocacy Center from Delchevo implements the project which will set up an educational trail along the bank of the river Bregalnica in the central city area in Delchevo. Along the trail it is planned to place twenty informational boards which will contain information about the flora and fauna from this part of the flow of Bregalnica.
Schoolchildren but also citizens will have a rare opportunity in an informal way to become educated by using the trail for walks. This will be enabled by the informational boards which will be positioned along the trail. By improving citizens’ knowledge about the biodiversity but also about species which live in the river of Bregalnica and in the river basin in general we will contribute for their protection, for their proper use but also for protecting the whole eco system at the mentioned location.
Results expected from the implementation of the project:
- One part of the walking path on the quay will be enriched with content related to biodiversity
- At least 50 hours of practical teaching annually
- The path will be visited by at least 2000 students annually
- The path will be visited by at least 500 citizens daily
- Improving the education of the citizens in Delchevo
Activities implemented until now:
- Media promotion of the project and the biodiversity
- Procurement of natural stones to construct the eco-path along the quay of the river Bregalnica in Delchevo
- Currently the content for the informational boards is being prepared.
The end beneficiaries of the project will be the learners and the teachers and they will be included in identifying species of flora and fauna in the Bregalnica River and in the river basin. This will be done together with representatives from the Association, the municipality and the educational institutions. They will also establish the content and the design of the informational boards. The learners will attend lessons in nature at this location and will have practical lessons in order to become familiar with biodiversity in nature.