The project is implemented by the Municipal Sports Association from Kochani.
The main objective of the project is to protect biodiversity and nature by raising awareness about the waterfalls at the lake Gratche and their sustainable use.
The implementation of the project will ensure:
- Better access to the waterfalls and to their immediate environment which will result from cleaning the access road.
- Setting up informational boards and direction boards in order to share information about the trail, the biodiversity and the natural characteristics of the locality;
- Setting up a panorama viewing post at the waterfall which will give possibilities for educating different categories of stakeholders (pupils, students, tourists etc.)
- Promoting the waterfall on the web site, sharing informational materials (posters, flyers), organizing promotional meetings with various categories of visitors (biology teachers from primary and secondary schools with their students, representatives of the local self-government, sports associations, tourist agencies from the region and others).
Activities implemented until now:
- The web site www.vodopadikocani.mk has been developed and it contains information about the origin of the place, the waterfalls, the biodiversity and it presents the project activities;
- The access road has been cleared from branches and bushes, the trees along the river have been trimmed as well as the part which was not accessible in the length of 150 meters has been improved.