The project is implemented by the Women Organization in Pehchevo. The general objective of the project is to develop infrastructure for nature conservation and sustainable management of natural resources.
The project is implemented by the Women Organization in Pehchevo. The general objective of the project is to enable infrastructure for nature’s preservation and sustainable management of the natural resources.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- Reconstruction of 5 bridges, repair and replacement of handrails on the staircases and bridges;
- Protection of the entire wooden infrastructure with clear wood stain, which is not harmful to the environment;
- Roof construction with concrete foundations for three (3) gazebos equipped with a table and sitting benches;
- Development and installation of 4 information boards in the vicinity of the places where specific samples of flora and fauna are most frequent;
- Raising public awareness about the richness of biodiversity, the need for its conservation and protection, through safe exploitation.
Activities implemented so far:
- A project proposal for the gazebos has been developed and a request for offers has been sent to companies working in that field;
- A workshop titled “Types of Herbs and Forest Fruits in Pehchevo” was organized. The training was attended by 14 people who were familiarized with the types of herbs and forest fruits in the region of the municipality of Pehchevo, as well as with their characteristics, manner of collection and treatment. The project was presented to the attendants by the project coordinator Nada Simovska, while the project assistant Milica Drakalska presented the numerous types of herbs and forest fruits.
The project was cancelled due to irregularities in project management and not following the financial operation rules.