The project is implemented by the Rural Development Association JAVOR – Zrnovci. The general objective of the project is to create conditions for sustainable management, conservation and valorization of the natural conditions in the municipality of Zrnovci.
The project is implemented by the Rural Development Association JAVOR – Zrnovci. The general objective of the project to create conditions for sustainable management, preservation and valorization of the natural conditions in the municipality of Zrnovci.
The results from the project are as follows:
- A publication on the current state of the water in the river Zrnovka, as well as on protection and improvement measures was developed and promoted,
- Biodiversity resource-training center was equipped in the municipality of Zrnovci,
- Young researchers club was established in primary school Sinisha Stoilov,
- A promotional hiking trail with a total length of 2 km, called “Puddle Trail” was trimmed and marked,
- A brochure about natural values of the municipality of Zrnovci was produced, printed and distributed,
- Over 100 photos and drawings on biodiversity were produced within the competition in primary school “Sinisha Stoilov”,
- Up to 150 citizens from the municipality of Zrnovci were surveyed concerning the biodiversity and conservation measures,
- Fifteen posters on biodiversity were produced in the municipality of Zrnovci.
Activities implemented within the project:
- Biodiversity resource-training center in the municipality of Zrnovci was equipped within the project. RDA Javor in successful cooperation with the municipality of Zrnovci renovated and adapted the premises that would be used by the young researchers club, students and professors from primary school Sinisha Stoilov, as well as by interested visitors, tourists etc.
- Several field researches of the river Zrnovka were carried out, number of samples were taken, samples of the river flora and fauna, and the final results are presented in the“Report on the Analysis of Algae and Micro Invertebrate Fauna in Zrnovka River”.
- The “Puddle Trail” has been developed, in total length of 2 km along the flow of Zrnovka River, and information boards were placed containing information about the biodiversity in Zrnovka river. The boards were positioned with the assistance of the members of RDA Javor and the Young Researchers Club.
- A survey was carried out with 150 respondents from the municipality of Vinica, to see their opinion on nature conservation and to obtain concrete proposals to that end.
- Drawing and photo competition was organized for the learners in the primary school Sinisha Stoilov from Zrnovci on the theme of “Biodiversity of the Municipality of Zrnovci”. Over 80 photos were received on that competition as well as 30 drawings in different techniques for the drawing competition, and the best works were accordingly rewarded.